Middle Bass Island Vehicle Guidelines
Cars, motorcycles, RVs, and boats on trailers are all welcome aboard Miller Ferries to Put-in-Bay and Middle Bass Island. Our goal is to provide you safe, convenient and reliable ferry transportation. In compliance with Federal Executive Order (13998 issued February 1, 2021) masks must be worn on all public transportation including ferries, Miller Boat Line premises, and terminals. Masks are not required while inside your vehicle, UNLESS you have an open air vehicle such as a motorcycle, golf cart, open top Jeep, convertible, etc. Vehicles must be turned off while on board the ferries. Open alcoholic containers prohibited on board all Miller Boat Line vessels and premises.
Vehicles Going to Middle Bass Island
- Vehicle Reservations are required and based on availability. Reservations may be made up to two weeks in advance, but must be made by 4:00 pm the prior day by calling 800-500-2421.
- Vehicles must be in line 20 minutes before departure time or reservation is not valid.
- Due to heavier traffic we are unable to round trip vehicles on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays.
- Charges may be applied for vehicles not cancelled the day prior to reservation.
- Schedule is subject to change without notice.
- If a ferry trip is cancelled, reservations must be rescheduled through the Miller Boat Line office 800-500-2421.
- Record high water levels may limit/prohibit some vehicles due to clearance issues.
- Miller Ferry is not responsible for low hanging exhaust or low ground clearance vehicles.
- Maximum gross vehicle weight is 30 tons.
- Due to Maritime Security regulations, customers, vehicles and baggage may be subject to inspection.
- A limit of two 5-gallon appropriated containers of gasoline/propane can be brought on board the ferry. All containers must be inside a vehicle. No gasoline/propane containers may be carried on.
- Due to Coast Guard Regulations, no construction trucks with saddle tanks in bed of pickup are permitted.
- Once on board, apply your vehicle’s emergency brake.
- Thank you for not smoking on board or in shelter houses.